Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy Day Cupcake Shaker

I have another cupcake card for you today!

HappyDaySet1
I used the Happy Day set from Tiddly Inks and a sketch from Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge. This was also done for the Tiddly Inks Challenge which is to make a project with a window. I immediately thought of a shaker card!

I used 2 layers of thin craft foam to make the frame and filled the shaker with seed beads. I also sized the cupcake border in the set really small, colored a few, cut them out and they also shake in there! I colored Happy Bugg with Copics, Stickled the little dots on her cupcake, then covered her wings with ultra fine prisma glitter.

The ribbon is hand-dyed seam binding and I topped it with a Papertrey button and some Timeless Twine. Finally the sentiment is also from the set and was punched with a small oval punch.

Even more challenges: I hope you like it and TFL!

14 comments:

  1. I love this card! Love the image, perfect colors and your bow is beautiful!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday ♥ Good luck on our Buttons & Bows challenge!
    Dee (Spryte)
    Sprytebyrds Spot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, such a pretty design

    Thanks for joining us this week at SCSC
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving this cupcake design. The image is so sweet. The little button just topped it off so nicely with your color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Thank you for joining us at SCSC. Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable idea! Love the shaker window. Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers this week! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very, very neat and cute!!! I love the shaker window. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to make a shaker card! So creative! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Maureen! This is so adorable =D Love the cute image and your brown dyed binding bow and great idea making it a shaker! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! Love the image. Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! I'm so going to case this card!!! I LOVE it!!! It looks so simple, but a LOT of time goes into it... ;)

    Thanks for playing along with the Tiddly Inkers this week... I hope to see you again next week!
    HUGS!
    ~Lissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am following Lissa on this one...I am totally casing this card. You did an amazing job!!
    Cheers!
    Kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet & simple creation! Lovely! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So fabulous! I love that bow, button and thread combo!! Thanks so much for playing at Bee Crafty. We hope to see you at our next challenge.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!