Saturday, April 26, 2008

Chick Card - AMYRS23

I used another Amy Rysavy sketch for today's card: I got this little chick from Imaginisce a while ago but just couldn't figure out how to use it. As soon as I saw Amy's sketch, I immediately thought the chick would work perfectly! I also just got the 2 new Papertrey Ink colors, Lemon Tart and Summer Sunrise, which are such chickie colors! Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

It's a little hard to see, but I stamped the Lemon Tart cardstock with the smallest dot pattern from Polka Dot Basics (also from Papertrey). Then I stamped the chick a couple times with black Brilliance ink and let dry. I did just a touch of detailing on the chick with a light yellow Copic marker and also added some orange for the beak. Then I cut them both out. On one, I colored the flower with a darker yellow and applied Stickles to just the petals.

I also stamped the chick on a white cardstock circle so that my chick would have legs when I was done. One of the yellow bodies was glued flat on the white circle, and for the other, I put a couple of small pieces of foam tape at the top to pop up the head portion only. I stuck the second yellow body over the first, and then punched a tiny hole through the middle of the flower for all layers. Once the orange brad was secured, it held down the bottom of the chick's body.

You can see the dimension in this shot:
I glued on a tiny black half-bead for the eye, then sponged the white circle with Lemon Tart ink and mounted on a Summer Sunrise scalloped circle (all cut with Nestabilities).

To finish the card, I used Scenic Route patterned paper that was sewn onto the base with zigzag and straight stitches.

The sentiment is from Hanna Stamps.

I really love how this card turned out!! Thanks to Amy for another great sketch!!

11 comments:

  1. Very cute Maureen. The stitching looks really effective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this stamp too...and have never inked it up! You have inspired me to use it...great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE! Absolutely ADORABLE. I love the colors, the stamp, the paper, everything!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great stamp , (just had some of their stamps and papers delivered for the first time yesterday!!)
    he needs those lovely bright colours you have used!! love the stitching!!
    fab card!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card Maureen and such a cute stamp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Maureen..that little chick is adorable.
    Richelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow stunning, love your colours ,
    jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, it is SO adorable! I love it, what a fun and cheery card. The stitching adds so much, I have GOT to get my Hello Kitty sewing machine out and figure out how to use it, LOL. You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card!!! I love the little bird!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh M! This is THE cutest!! Love what you did with your chick! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!