Monday, January 26, 2009

Cupcake Challenges - Part 2

More cards to play along with Taylor's anniversary celebration.

Keeping with yesterday's trend of using the DCWV Sweet Stack, I have another SS card. I used Stephanie Hargis' sketch for this one.

This card was super duper easy because there was a sheet of PP that had all 3 of these patterns on it! I simply cut the different patterns into strips and reassembled them back onto my card. The Dark Chocolate ink and cardstock, as well as the sentiment and swirly star images are from Papertrey Ink.

The next 2 cards were both made with the Basic Grey Two Scoops collection (I so love this color palette!).

This first one used Monika Davis' sketch. I had a hard time with the sketch, but I'm still pretty happy with the resulting card! The Rosebud Cupcake image is from Lockhart Stamp Company, and the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

And the last card for today used Sherrie Siemens' sketch. I really had a lot of fun with this sketch. Although I do a ton of machine stitching on my cards, this is the first time I've done hand stitching!

This is also my first card using the Happy Chef set from The Greeting Farm. He's so cute and has a bunch of different stuff that he can carry on his platter, including this cute cupcake (I used the candle from the cake that's also in the set).

Thanks for looking and I hope you'll stop by again for Part 3!

1 comment:

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!