Wednesday, November 18, 2009

La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge #13

If you're looking for the Your Next Stamp Challenge #4, it's the post directly below this one. Thanks!

* * * * * * * * * *


Wednesday means it's time for another La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge! This week our theme was set by none other than our super fabulous and talented Irina and is "We are thankful for you", just in time for Thanksgiving. The challenge is to make a Thank You card or project.

Before I show you my card, I want to let you know that there is blog candy to be won!!

Here is what's in our Blog Candy for you this time:

- Pumpkin Lala
- Spellbinders Shapeabilities Nested Maple Leaves
- Two of Heidi Grace Clear Stamp sets
- Hero Arts DesignBlock Background Stamp
- Magenta Tree Stamp
- HOTP Autumn Leaves
- Making Memories Autumn Splendor Sheer Frames
- Prima Daisy Doodles set of Flowers


To enter into the Blog Candy you just need to participate in the Thankful Challenge. Please also spread the word and mention our Blog Candy on your blogs. The winner will be randomly picked from your entries into the Challenge.

And now on to my card! Here's what I came up with this week:

LalaSitting2
I used Sitting Lala and a sketch from Friday Sketchers.

I stamped Lala, colored her with Copics (with just a bit of colored pencils around the irises), cut her out and popped her up with foam boosters. I very lightly distressed all the straight edges of the patterned papers and sewed down the 2 green strips. Lastly I added some ribbon, flowers with leaves, and a sentiment.

We'd love to have you join us! Please see the La-La Land Crafts blog for all the details! TFL!

Other materials used: sentiment (Mega Mixed Messages set) and Dark Chocolate ink - Papertrey Ink ; patterned paper - Pebbles Inc.; vanilla cardstock - Stampin' Up!; ribbon - My Favorite Things; hydrangea flowers - Prima; roses - Paper Wishes; rectangle and scalloped rectangle Nestabilities.

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! I love your amazing coloring! And the colors of the cards are so soft and gentle! Really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maureen, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card!!!! Your choice of colors and your coloring of Lala absolutely blew me away!!!! GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!