Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Kathy!!

It's not Wednesday, but I have a La-La Land card for you because it's my fellow DT member, Kathy's birthday today!! A bunch of us from the DT wanted to celebrate her special day by creating a birthday card for her based on one of her own cards!! I chose this gorgeous one that she did for our last blog hop because I loved the layout and it has Kathy's signature distressing, embellishing and absolutely beautiful watercoloring!

I could never do it justice, but here's my attempt at re-creating a Kathy masterpiece:

LalaFairy3
I stamped and watercolored Fairy Lala and then pretty much copied Kathy's layout because I loved it so much! Her wings and wand were Stickled and I added a sentiment from Papertrey Ink.

Kathy - I hope you like it and I hope you have the most wonderful birthday!!

**********

If you haven't already heard, the latest La-La Land releases are available early! And there's also a special deal going on right now in the online store until January 30th - buy 3, get 1 FREE!!! Please check out this post for all the details! TFL!

6 comments:

  1. Fairy Lala is GORGEOUS, Maureen! This is a wonderful tribute to Kathy's card! It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THanks so much Maureen!! This is just gorgeous!! Your watercoloring rocks!!! Love it!!
    Thanks so much for thinking of me and for your kind words ~ they mean so much!! Thanks again and have a great day as well!!
    :)kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooo pretty, Maureen! Love the soft colors...great coloring! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for joining this Birthday celebration, Maureen!
    Your card is so precious! I really love the soft look you created! And your watercoloring is GOGREOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!