Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Your Next Stamp Challenge #14

Your Next Stamp Challenge

Yay! I have another Your Next Stamp Challenge today! This time our hostess is Kerri and is stitching - either real (machine or hand stitching) or faux stitching. I already stitch on almost all of my cards so this challenge was a great one for me!

Here's what I came up with:

FhionasPets&Treats4a
I used Fhiona's Pet Dog (which is also available in the set Fhiona's Pets and Fav Treats) and I put his head on a spring! When you tap his head, it jiggles and makes a springy noise - so fun! Here's a shot from the side so you can see what I mean:

FhionasPets&Treats4b
I stamped him twice on brown cardstock (so I wouldn't have to color all that area) and also just his face on white. I cut out his nose and eyes and glued them over the brown version so that he would have the proper coloring. However, for his ears and tongue, I just used a Copic marker and colored right on the brown cardstock.

One special step I did: for the first stamping on the brown cardstock, I only inked his body, and not any part of his head, and then I stamped him. The reason I didn't just stick the second head over the first like I normally do when popping things up, is because when the head jiggles around, you would clearly see the stamped head underneath! After I stamped though, I did take a black micron pen and extend the lines just a bit so they would go further under the head.

Lastly, I wrapped wire around a pencil to make the spring and glued it between the head and body.

I used a sketch from Sketchy Thursday, and my card also works for Stamp Something - Stitch Something, and Papertake Weekly - use a cute image.

We hope you'll play along with us! One lucky participant will be drawn at random to win $10 in YNS Stamp Bucks!! You don't have to use YNS images on your card, but if you do you'll get a double entry in the draw!

Also, the challenge hostess will choose her favorite card, and that winner will get the YNS Challenge "Top Pick" blinkie to proudly display on their blog PLUS $5 in YNS Stamp Bucks! You must use a YNS image to be eligible to be chosen for Top Pick.

Full details can be found at the YNS Challenge Blog. TFL!

7 comments:

  1. Such a clever idea to add the and made spring on the doggie's head. He is so cute :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fab, Maureen!! LOVE that springy doggie's head - how inspired! Gorgeous muted colours too! Hugs, Simonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maureen this is SUPER cute!! Love what you did with the sketch. Brillant idea to pop his little head up. You definiately rocked this card!! Thank you for playing along with Sketchy Thursday!

    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Maureen! Your little details always amaze me and your creativity just WOWs me constantly! I love what you did with Fhiona's Pet Dog and that spring is so cool!
    Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card, the springy head looks fabulous too!!
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card! Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMW!!! I knew your card was cute, but when I came to your blog I see how SUPER cute it is! I lvoe the springy head and the cool stitching! FABBBBBB!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!