Thursday, September 9, 2010

Aww Nuts!

I'm still playing with the super cute and fun Fhiona's Squirrel Friend set so I have another squirrel card to share with you today:

FhionasSquirrelFriend4a
First off, I've really been wanting some of the Kim Hughes' fonts from Scrap N Fonts, so when I heard they were having a dollar sale, I just couldn't resist! For this card, I used SNF Goody, which I just love (I SO wish I could write like Kim!! She's my handwriting hero!). I printed out the Aww Nuts! on the outside and then the part on the inside (which actually is the backside of the cardstock) before cutting my card down to 4.25" square.

I wanted to make a little scene for my squirrel, so I cut a tree and grass with my Cricut using the Wild Card Cartridge. I airbrushed the front with a light blue Copic, then stuck down all my elements.

And here's the inside:

FhionasSquirrelFriend4b
As you can see I just stamped the acorn on either side of the sentiment, then stamped the squirrel again at the bottom and gave him a little shadow with my W00 and W1 Copics.

This card is for Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Clean and Simple, and A Spoon Full of Sugar - anything with an animal on it.

I really liked pre-printing the sentiments right on the card base, so I'll be trying it again in the future. And of course, I have to make sure I use all of my new fonts! TFL!

9 comments:

  1. Super cute Maureen! That sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute squirrel!! I love those fonts. I'll have to check out that website! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW Maureen love how you used this image...just PERFECT!!!! What a creative and darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So super cute, Maureen! I love the scene you created, and the sentiments are so perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maureen this is excellent I love that image and the sentiment it is such fun, great card.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol...such a sweet card!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Total cuteness! Love the little scene and Kim's fonts are awesome! Hope you had a fabulous birthday!
    Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omgoodness is this adorable! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet scene Maureen!! I love your paper pieced background with the adorable squirrel. Hope you had a great birthday!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!