Sunday, October 31, 2010

Christmas Leslie

Happy Halloween - hope you all have/had a fun day! Since it's too late for anymore Halloween projects, I've got a Christmas card for you today:

ChristmasLeslie1a
I used the super cute Christmas Leslie and a sketch from Truly Scrumptious (the optional extra challenge is any or all: petals, pearls and pins - I could only fit petals on mine).

Leslie was colored mostly with Copics, but I did color her glasses with a red colored pencil (so I wouldn't have to worry about a red copic bleeding into her face) and I also did a bit of shading on her outfit with a black colored pencil. I added clear dimensional adhesive all over her glasses and a little white flocking on her hood trim then cut her out and popped her up with foam tape. You can see it better here:

ChristmasLeslie1b
The tree was paper pieced with green patterned paper and I added silver stickles to the star and bitty rhinestones for the ornaments. To finish it off, I added a bow of hand-dyed seam binding topped with a flower that I glittered up and a button with a twine bow. I also glittered the letter stickers. All the PP and the stickers are really old Basic Grey (Fruitcake line).

This is for the following challenges: I hope you like it and TFL!

10 comments:

  1. So adorable! Thank you so much for playing The Karber Christmas Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maureen, this is so so cute!! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. I love the different circles with her glasses and the button. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the image and the flocking. Thanks for sharing on the Belli challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Maureen this is a true beauty I love not only the design but that image this is gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable image I love it..Great papers and design...Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious...
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Maureen, the image is fab. Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. CUTE!!! Love the paper and embellie combo, really lovely. Thanks for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card! Love the image. Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo cute!!! I just love that adorable image and how you added the flocking on her hood....thanks for playing in the Belli challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!