Sunday, October 14, 2012

Greetings of the Season

Hi all!  By the title of my post, you may think I have a Christmas card for you today, but I actually have a Halloween card!  I just got the Joyful Greetings set from Paper Smooches and realized that many of the sentiments could be used for cards other than Christmas ones.  So I’ve challenged myself to try and come up with a bunch of non-Christmas cards using the sentiments in the set.  Here’s the first one:

SugarRush3

Besides the sentiment from Joyful Greetings, I used the candy corn and tiny happy face from Sugar Rush.  The candy corns were stamped on white cardstock and colored with Copics, and then the background was colored with a black Copic.  I stamped the flag piece with the sentiment then sewed it onto the card with a zigzag stitch.

This is for the Paper Smooches November Guest DT search, Allsorts – Too cute to spook, Crazy 4 Challenges – Sweet Treat, and Challenge Up Your Life – Autumn/Halloween.  I hope you like it and TFL!

3 comments:

  1. Sweet Halloween card fab CAS design. Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea of using the Christmas sentiments for other occasions as well - works perfectly!
    Your selfmade background is awsome :)
    Thanks for joining us at Challenge up your Life,
    hugs, Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great imagination Maureen, it makes a great Halloween card.

    Many thanks for joining our 'spooky'theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!