Sunday, June 23, 2013

YNS After Party!

Hi all!  Welcome to my little post in the Your Next Stamp June New Release After Party!

When I started stamping many, many years ago, I didn’t like to color.  So for all the non-colorers out there, I thought I’d go back to my stamping roots to show you that you don’t have to avoid line image art if you don’t color.

I have 2 super simple one-layer cards for you today.  The first has no coloring at all:

HowdyFarmer1

I simply stamped the boy farmer image and a sentiment from Howdy, Farmer in white on kraft cardstock and added a little rustic twine to finish it off.  I love white on kraft!  And while you could color this in if you really wanted to, I don’t think you have to!  You could also stamp him in a muted yellow or light brown ink and leave him as is – I think those would work too!

HowdyFarmer2

This card, also using Howdy, Farmer has just a teeny bit of coloring with colored pencils, but just to accent little bits of it.  Most of it was left uncolored so this can be done by even the non-colorers out there!  I just accented the flower in her hair, her rosy cheeks, the dirt ground and the corn, since the sentiment is about the cream of the crop.  Super easy!

I hope you’re enjoying all these new releases and know that you can use line art images even if you don’t like to or don’t want to color! 

Please check out the YNS Blog for a linky of all the designers playing in today’s after party!  TFL!

1 comment:

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!