Saturday, February 1, 2014

CASE Study

Hi all!  I really wanted to play with this week’s CASE Study challenge so even though I felt a little mojo-deprived, I went into my craft room and had a play.  I was inspired by the round shape, the colors pink and gold, and the use of sequins.  This is what I came up with first:

TalkBubbles4

I die cut the Catalina Wreath out of white cardstock then smashed it into a Versamark pad and coated with Amuse gold embossing powder.  I had to do 2 layers to get it really nice and smooth.  I sponged the edges of the card with Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks and added a sentiment from Talk Bubbles 2 in Picked Raspberry.  I added 3 Avery Elle sequins to finish it off.

I wasn’t quite happy with that card so I went back to my desk and had another go at it.  This is what I came up with:

ManyThanksPS1

I die cut the Dizzy Doily out of white cardstock and sponged it with the same 2 pink Distress Inks.  I die cut the Thanks out of white cardstock 3 times and glued them together.  Then I smushed them into the Versamark pad and added the same gold EP.  I embossed the rest of the sentiment (from Many Thanks) on the doily and added 3 gold sequins.  I wish I would have sponged the Raspberry on a little darker, but overall I’m pretty happy with this card!  I hope you like them and TFL!

1 comment:

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!