Friday, January 18, 2008

Really Orange Card

During my blog surfing this week, I stumbled upon a blog that I hadn't seen before, but that blew me away in an instant! It's Indigo Studio by Pam Bassett and it's *amazing*!! I was immediately inspired by her layering and sponging color on her layers, her use of such vibrant colors, all of her intricate cutting for paper tole effects, and probably most of all, her use of all that luscious ribbon!

I was especially drawn to the layout of this card with it's multiple layers and ribbon tied between the focal image and sentiment. Although I said before that I really love Pam's use of lots of ribbon, I kept it really simple on this card because I knew I wanted to use this fatter Chatterbox ribbon from my stash and didn't think it would work quite right with a bunch of other ribbons. I'm planning on incorporating more ribbons into my projects in the future though (especially once my May Arts order arrives!), and I'm definitely going to try Pam's ribbon blossom soon.

Now for my card:


I used what I call the coolest cupcake stamp ever from Kitchen Sink Stamps to do a little paper piecing. The top and bottom (as well as the back layer) are alternate sides from one piece of Scenic Route paper. You can't tell from the picture, but I traced over the lines on the top of the cupcake with my orange Spica glitter pen. I also did some accordian folding of the bottom to look a little like a real cupcake liner. Then I finished off with the sentiment, also from Kitchen Sink Stamps, and also gone over with the orange glitter pen.

The photo corner was done similar to this one by Nichole Heady, except I used two sizes of Nestability squares instead of punches. The neat thing about using the Nestabilities is that the smaller square's edge embossed a line around the frame which gives the corner a little added texture.

Lastly, I tied the ribbon on and added three Prima flowers with orange brad centers. Still a pretty simple card, but it's fancier than some of the really easy stuff I've been doing lately. Thanks a bunch to Pam Bassett for the inspiration!

Other materials used: white cardstock and orange ink from Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!