Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Another Bella card - BSC18

I am having so much fun playing with my new Bellas that I'm actually giddy!! The paper piecing and coloring are making me feel like a kid and I can't remember when was the last time I had such a great time stamping!! *Mwah* to Stamping Bella for these wonderful images!!

Today's card uses Flowahbella:

Just like Cosmobella, she was stamped with Black Brilliance ink onto Georgia Pacific white cardstock. Then I followed this tutorial by Michelle Wooderson to stamp just her dress onto a scrap of some REALLY old K&Company patterned paper I got from QVC years ago, and also the pot onto a scrap of the same GP white cardstock.

After the ink dried, I colored her hair, skin, shoes, and the extra flower pot with my Copic markers. After cutting out the dress, I glued it onto her body and colored all the flowers with my Copics, adding in some green for stems and leaves. Lastly, I cut out and then glued on the extra flower pot, and followed this tutorial by Amy Rysavy to stamp the little shadow around her feet.

Here's a close-up of the paper pieced dress and the flowers and pot:

The sketch I used is from Jamie's Bella Sketch Challenge #18 posted on Splitcoast. I used more of the same GP cardstock for the base, and also the same K&Co paper for the background scalloped square. The sentiment is from Kitchen Sink Stamps and the ribbon is May Arts. I also sponged ink around the focal image and the sentiment strip. Thanks for looking!

Other materials used: pale plum ink and cardstock and perfect plum ink from Stampin' Up!; scalloped square Nestabilities from Spellbinders; brads unknown.

5 comments:

  1. This is an adorable card! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bellas...and for showing off your great work and showing me new ideas I have awarded you a make my day award.

    see my blog http://ladybug-spots.blogspot.com/

    Richelle SBS 13

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's gorgeous! Tried to go to the tutorial on the shadown around her feet but the link didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are gorgeous, and thanks for sharing the techniques too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!