Monday, March 17, 2008

I got me some Changito!

Edited to add:
Here's a link to show you what all comes in the clear set:
http://www.stampendous.com/stampsfdr/clear/pcsChicks.html

I got him at our local Ben Franklin Craft Store, but you could probably find him at lots of other places that have Stampendous stamps. HTH!

Our local craft store had a 40% off coupon last weekend so I went just to look for something to buy! C’mon… I know I’m not the only one! Lol! I was lucky enough to come across the last Changito clear stamp set that they had! I’ve been wanting it so bad but hadn’t gotten around to ordering it from the ‘net and it’s lucky I waited!

I had to make a card with it right away and here it is:
I stamped the vines with Stampin’ Up!’s Garden Green ink and all the rest of the images are stamped with my usual black Brilliance ink. I had to manipulate the word stamps a little to form that curved shape. I colored everything with my Copics, including adding little detail lines to all the leaves. You can see them a little better here (as well as the coloring of Changito):
Hope you like him as much as I do!

Other materials used: white cardstock from Georgia Pacific; Garden Green & Yoyo Yellow cardstock from Stampin’ Up!; Nestabilties from Spellbinders; chocolate satin ribbon from May Arts.

13 comments:

  1. Fantastic - that is sucj a great colour combo! Love the yellow - looks like bananas for the monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute! i love MONKEYS!!!
    richelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo cute!!! I love everything about it! The monkey is just so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute card Maureen and well done on your bargain

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is brilliant! Did the vines come with Changito? I did not know he came in clear. I've got to go look now. A 40% off coupon, was it from Michaels?

    The background looks great, how it carries over to the embossed mid section. It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a mischievous monkey he is!!!
    lovely card
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great... such a cute fella!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maureen, you have won an award. Have a look at my blog. Gia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow soooooo stunning, huggs jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fantastic card....brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!