Monday, April 20, 2009

Forest Fairy Card

The funny story about this card is that I was preparing for last week's Club Anya Blog Hop and for some reason, I thought the fairies were considered Anyas. I had my card done and photographed and was linking up my post when I finally realized the fairy didn't count as an Anya!! I panicked because it was super late the night before the Hop and I didn't have time to do another project, so I ended up posting the barn card that I had made previously, but hadn't gotten around to posting yet. So today I'm showing you what I originally created for the Hop.


A little while ago, I made this Fairy Chloe with glittered acetate wings and wanted to show her off, so I thought of making another 3-D shadow box card. It actually does fold pretty flat for mailing, but then can be opened up by the recipient and will stand on its own (please click to enlarge):


Little details: Chloe's dress is paper pieced, and I actually added separate sleeves and a skirt for more dimension. I added just a touch of sparkle on her dress with a glitter pen. The deer from Forest Friends is done with fun flock (the same way I did Flopsey in my last post) and then I added an eye stamped on white cardstock so it wouldn't be fuzzy (ewwwww - fuzzy eyeball!):


The squirrels are also from the Forest Friends set, the little birds are from the Wishing Tree set, the big bird is from the Pretty Hat set, and the For You banner is from the Lucky Bunnies set.

Here's a close shot of the adorable squirrels:


Lastly, I cut the tree, grass, and the opening in the card with my Cricut. I hope you like it and TFL!

7 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it! You did such a gorgeous job.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so ADORABLE!!! You make such amazing projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow too cute..i love the fairies wings..tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! That flock looks great on "Bambi."

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too adorable!!! I love all those cut-out squirrels and that bambi is so sweet. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you posted this card over 6 months ago and you probably wonder how I got here but I was browsing through the TGF gallery looking for a cute Fairy card to get inspiration from for two teams I have to post for tomorrow and I came accross your card and loved it so I came to your blog to check it out. This is totally wonderful and amazing!!!!

    I will probably be doing some sort of case on it tomorrow on my blog but I will put a link in my post to your blog so they can see where I got the inspiration from!!!

    Creating Scenes with my cards is my specialty so this card is right up my ally!!!! LOL!!!

    Also adding you onto my follow list cause I want to come back often great things on here!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!