Friday, April 24, 2009

My Sheetload (almost)

I have to admit that while working on my Sheetload of cards this month, I kept getting sidetracked and didn't actually finish them all yet. But since I only need to post one for the Sheetload contest, here it is:


I used the Chloe Fairy image from The Greeting Farm again because she's definitely my fave of the three fairies - I love her long hair and outfit! I did some machine zig-zag stitching on the background piece, and some hand stitching on the green panel because I wanted to use a thicker thread that doesn't do well with machine stitching. The paper is really old Bo-Bunny and the flowers and Prima. I embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and punched the edge with a Martha Stewart punch.

You can see in this close shot that I went over all the lines and dots on the wings with Stickles, but what doesn't show as well is that I also went over the whole wing with a waterbrush and a Stardust glitter pen for a really subtle all-over sparkle. I also paper pieced her outfit in multiple parts and went over it with the glitter pen.


Lastly, the sentiment is from Panda Friends and those are tiny little heart rhinestones on either side of it. Hope you like it and TFL!

2 comments:

  1. So pretty, reminds me of Tinkerbell!! My favorite Disney character. Love her glitter wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maureen! This is just too cute! Chloe Fairy is my fav of the three too and you can never go wrong with green and pink. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!