Friday, June 5, 2009

Happy Chef Black and White

The latest sketch challenge on The Greeting Farm blog has a twist - you can only use black and white (or grayscale)! At first I didn't think I could do it, but I tried anyway and here's what I came up with:


It was really difficult not to use ANY color at all, especially when his face and hand were begging to be skin-colored, but I resisted the urge!

I stamped Chef Ian and the present separately and colored them both with Copics. Then I cut them both out and popped them up with foam tape. I added Stardust glitter pen spread with a waterbrush to just the present for a little sparkle. You can see it better in this close shot:


For the finishing touches, I added some black organdy ribbon and rick-rack, a little sentiment banner, some Prima flowers, and half-pearls.

Although I really like how it came out, I still would have liked to add just a little pop of color somewhere! Hope you like it and TFL!

Materials used: Happy Chef set - The Greeting Farm; cardstock - Stampin' Up! (black), Georgia Pacific (white); patterned paper - Doodlebug; Graphite Black Brilliance ink - Tsukineko; Fresh Snow ink - Papertrey Ink; Copic markers; Stardust glitter pen - Sakura; Nestabilities Labels One - Spellbinders; D'Vine Swirls and Swiss Dots embossing folders - Provo Craft; Prima flowers; ribbon - Stampin' Up!; rick-rack from stash; pearls - MimiLolo Etsy store.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, love the black & white! So elegant with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!