Friday, June 26, 2009

TSG Cupcakes

Today's card was created for the There She Goes July Release Challenge - make a card that is other than the standard sizes of a 4.25" square or an A2 card. My card is 3.5" x 6.25" and fits into a standard 6 3/4 envelope:


I used the Cupcake Mix & Match set with Memory Box patterned papers. I added some Stardust glitter pen to all the cupcake tops but just couldn't get a decent picture of the sparkle, so you'll have to take my word for it!

All the cupcakes and liners were paper pieced, shaded with Copics, cut out and popped up. I colored the edges of the ribbon to match the papers and made the little rosette myself.

Because I couldn't fit the sentiment on the outside of the card, I had to put it on the inside:


I used Cindy Lyles' tip about stamping the same image on the inside with a lighter color and then stamping the sentiment over it with a darker color. I don't usually finish off the insides of my cards - I obviously need to work on that! Anyway, I hope you like it and TFL!

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love those cupcakes, such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the cupcakes!! Yum... I always have a hard time with the inside of the cards too, but this one was great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea to shade the patterned paper!! I never even thought of it LOL! The effect is great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!