Wednesday, September 16, 2009

La-La’s Weekly Wednesday Challenge #5

Wednesday is here so that means it's time for another La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge! But it's not just any challenge because this week is my turn to host!

I love to embellish my cards so I decided on the theme "Embellish It!" Please use at least 3 different types of embellishments on your projects this week. They can be anything - buttons, ribbon, charms, brads, flowers, glitter, etc., as long as you've got 3 different types! I hope you have fun with this challenge!

I actually went a little crazy with the challenge and used more than 3 different 'bellies:

LalaWindow2a

You can see that I used lace, ribbon, several sizes of flat back pearls, flowers, and a beaded pearl pin! I used Window Lala (she is definitely one of my fave Lalas!), some pretty papers and a rub-on that Irina sent in my first DT package. Lala was colored with Copics and just a bit of colored pencil around the irises, cut out and popped up with foam boosters. Here's a close shot of the focal panel:

LalaWindow2b

I used sketch #5 from Get Sketchy and this card also qualifies for the Lili of the Valley challenge - use the colors green, brown and orange.

We hope you'll play along with us this week! All the details can be found at the La-La Land Crafts blog. TFL!

11 comments:

  1. This is amazing, just fabulous
    Thanks for joining us at GET SKETCHY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous Maureen!! I love the colors that you have used and that sentiment around her is lovely!! All your embellies are gorgeous as well! Thanks so much for the fab challenge!!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The papers look like fabric..!!! I really love this..!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and beautiful colored with copics! Thanks for playing with GS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card Maureen!!! Love the colors, all the details and the way you colored Lala!! Just Beautiful!!
    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty!! I don't think you went crazy with the embellishments... it's perfect! Love how you coloured La-La!
    xx
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey you!!! I love it...great job with the sketch and the embellies :) Thanks for joining us over at Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Maureen, this is amazingly wonderful! I love the colors and Lala's beautiful green eyes. You colored her so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card just perfect
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous I especially love your pin
    Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!