Tuesday, May 18, 2010

La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge #39


It's time for another La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge! This week our theme was chosen by none other than Irina and is "Birthday Wishes." Here's my card:

LalaBirthdayPumpkin1
I love altering my Lala images - can you tell which oneS I used? I'll give you some time to think...

...

Give up?

I actually used the head (with a short, sassy 'do) from Pumpkin Lala and the body from Birthday Lala! Here are their pics so you can what I started with:



It was very easy to make the switch because the heads are almost exactly the same size! I just stamped and colored the head of Pumpkin Lala, then cut it out, leaving out the ponytails, and then stamped, colored and cut out Birthday Lala, leaving just a portion of her face so I would have something to glue the new head to.

I also paper pieced the present, colored the ribbon and bow on it, and popped it up with a foam booster. Then I stamped, colored, and cut out extra hands to go over the present. The sentiment is from Papertrey and I did it according to this genius tutorial by Debbie Olson.

The sketch is from Sketchy Thursday and this card is also for A Spoon Full of Sugar - "Cute and Girly" and Papertake Weekly - "Say it with Flowers."

Before I go, I want to let you know that whatever image the hostess uses on her project is 20% off for the week of the challenge, and this week it's Sitting Pretty Rosie! And since we have a new requirement that you must use a La-La Land Crafts image on your projects, don't forget that we have all these fabulous digi images available now!

We'd love to have you play along with us! All the details can be found on the La-La Land Crafts blog. TFL!

5 comments:

  1. WOW, WOW, WOW!!! She turned out oh so PRETTY!! LOVE it!!!

    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Irina. WOW! WOW! WOW! Love the colors you used. Fantastic job with the sketch Maureen!!!
    Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursday!

    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh la la! I luv how you altered the 2 images! You definitely changed the hair on Pumpkin Lala and she's gorgeous! Luv your soft purples too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maureen this is so beautiful I love the colours and image which is so adorable great work.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pure genius!! Combining those two images is so clever and the result is seamless! Love Lala's new do! She rocks the short-n- sassy hair ;D Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!