Monday, November 29, 2010

Cold Kaylee Tent Card

I have a non-DT card to share today! I used a super cute image called Cold Kaylee from Some Odd Girl:

ColdKaylee1a
(Sorry for the poor lighting - I had to position my light funny so all the glitter and snowflakes would show up!)

I made a tent card for the Some Odd Challenge - Window Cards. I used a Just Rite border stamp to make the snowflakes on the scalloped piece (embossed with holographic powder), and then sewed a white seed bead to the center of each. The centers of all the layers were cut out with a circle Nestie and the snowflake hanging in the center is an old Sizzix die. I stamped the JOY with a Just Rite alpha set and cut them each out individually before gluing them to the snowflake.

Here's an angled shot of the card so you can see the tent part and how the snowflake is suspended in the opening:

ColdKaylee1b
And here's a close shot of Kaylee:

ColdKaylee1c
This is also for Copic Creations - Shading your paper pieced pieces. I do this a lot so it was a fun challenge for me! You can see that I paper pieced her hat, scarf, jacket and shoes and did some shading on all the pieces with my Copics.

To finish her off, I made a tiny felt rosette for her hat, flocked her jacket cuffs and tops of her boots, and added fringe to her scarf with some of the new Olive Green Timeless Twine. You know I already love using Timeless Twine and the owner, Stacy, sent me spools of her gorgeous new holiday colors to make things to share with you! So be on the lookout for lots more twine!

This card is also for Stampin' for the Weekend - Winter, and One Stop - Christmas Cuties. I hope you like it and TFL!

14 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful, festive card! Fab colouring of cold Kaylee and love the spinner snowflake! Thanks so much for playing with Some Odd Girl! Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabtastic tent card Maureen, love your colours and papers....your paper piecing and shading are fantastic.

    So glad you joined us at Copic Creations,
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is splendid! I love every part of it! Such flair! Thanks so much for playing at Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Your colouring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! What a fantastic card! I love the snowflake - awesome idea! And, this image is adorable! You did a wonderful job on this challenge! I love it. So glad you could join us at Copic Creations! Thank you. hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how soft and beautiful Maureen! Gorgeous tent card!! Love the coloring of the image and the snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this tent card, fabulous snowflake as the centre piece and a real cute image. Thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft this week with your lovely creation.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great, I love tents cards. Thanks for joining in with this weeks OSCC. Hugs Shelley xx
    P.S Feel free to grab some blog Candy
    http://www.blog.onestopcardcrafts.co.uk/2010/11/blog-candy.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! This is so pretty! Love your tent card and you totally rocked the window card challenge! :)

    Thank you so much for joining the Oddies this month! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So soft and pretty and I loooove the floating snowflake! Thanks for playing with our window challenge at Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your window card! Such a sweet and pretty girly card :) I have yet to create a card like this, very inspiring :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in total awe of your card. Gorgeous work
    Thanks for joining us at http://someoddgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Maureen this is gorgeous I so love that image and the tent card design is fabulous.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The coloring is great, and I love the hanging snowflake!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!