Friday, July 5, 2013

First Project Life Post

I’ve talked a couple times about my doing Project Life on the blog so I finally decided to share.  First, I wanted to tell you a little about my process: I don’t have a set timeline for doing my PL spreads.  Meaning, I don’t always make a spread 1 week or 1 page equal 1 week or month or any set length of time.  I’ve taken a very relaxed and stress free approach by just looking through my photos every few days, picking out the ones I like and figuring out where in my latest spread they’ll fit.  This could mean I have a spread that covers just a couple days, or even a whole month or more.  It just depends on how many pictures I took that I want to save.  So you’ll see that my title cards don’t have “Week 16” or whatever on them.  I simply note the first and last dates and that’s my spread!

Here’s one that I recently finished covering June 7 to June 14, 2013.  Here’s the whole spread:

IMG_1522

The left page, which included my June PL kit from Studio Calico, a trip to Farrell’s, Griffin’s “shirt” and Buddy with his dog bone:

IMG_1523 

Love this pic of Griffin (age 4):

IMG_1531

Then the right side, which included a trip to get shave ice, haircuts for the boys and Griffin’s preschool graduation:

IMG_1524

IMG_1532

You can see my journaling is a mix of my own handwriting, some computer journaling and some done on my old manual typewriter.  Also a very laid back way to journal!

I hope you don’t mind some PL on the blog because I’ll probably be sharing spreads every so often from now on!  TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!