Monday, March 2, 2009

Mwahbella x2

In the March/April 2009 issue of Memory Makers, they showcased 2 different sketches from Becky Fleck of Pagemaps called halfmaps. They are meant to be 6"x12" scrapbook pages, but I thought they would look good as the long skinny cards that fit into the business size envelopes (4"x9"), so I adapted both sketches.

When I thought about long skinny images to use, of course Bellas popped into my head immediately! I decided to go with Mwahbella for both cards.

<-- This card was made using the first sketch. Of course I had to do some paper piecing on her so I did her shirt and purse. Then I just colored the rest with Copics. I used some rubons for the "mwah", and then I used the mwah sentiment stamp, but I only inked up the (kisses) part of it. I hand stitched the circle with some old DMC Flower Thread that I've had from my cross-stitching days (I just Googled it and found out it's discontinued - maybe I should stop using it and just hoard it! lol!).

The flower is from Prima and the button was found in my stash.

This second card looks a lot better in real life than here. The silver glitter swirls look very dull and grey, but they're really super shiny and pretty, just like the glitter stickers at the bottom.

For the glitter swirl, I stamped a couple of Elegant Flourishes images from Autumn Leaves, and then traced over the lines with a glue pen and sprinkled the glitter on as I went. I didn't use Stickles because I was afraid it would be too gloppy and make all the lines too fat.

All the patterned paper is from Basic Grey.

I really love how both of these cards came out, probably because I really love Becky's sketches. I have to remind myself to go check out Pagemaps more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!