Saturday, August 16, 2008

Halloween Jars Sheetload

Since MFT is the sponsor for the August Sheetload, I decided to use one of my new sets, Totally Witchin', for this Sheetload.

The funny thing is that I pretty much never send out Halloween cards (because I can never be sure if someone will be offended to receive one), but I just LOVE Halloween stamps! So, these will go into my stash until I figure out what to do with them all!

I figured out how I wanted to finish off the cards as I created, so some of them are a little different. This is my favorite version--->

I stamped all the jars onto white cardstock and colored with my Copics. I tried to get them to look like the stuff they're actually supposed to be (although the eyes were really difficult to recreate without being too creepy). Check out the close-up picture below and let me know what you think!
The black panel is embossed with the Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls folder and the small purple squares are embossed with the Swiss Dot. There are little black half-beads in the center of each flower and those bits around the flowers are google eyes! I thought they would be a fun accent, especially since they're clustered around the jar of Eye of Newt. Hope you like my Sheetload! Thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

  1. What an adorable card!!! I love the whole idea with the jars...is it so cute. You did an incredible job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen, these are great!!! Love the cuttlebug embossing and the web and those jars look excellent too.
    hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are too cute!! I love the cuttlebug and the images!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! simply perfect!!~are you now going to have a halloween party??
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!
    I really love the touches you gave to the jars. Your cards get me in the mood to do some Halloween ones myself. I just got some new Halloween stamps yesterday. Now I need to get started.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card!!! Love the images!! I love how well the D'Vine Swirls goes along with the Halloween theme! I might have to try that too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Love the colours - very witchy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!