Tuesday, August 19, 2008

U R A Hoot Sheetload Mini

I really liked the Sheetload Mini sketch this month (especially since it's a regular sized card) so I decided to give it a try. I gave it a little twist - instead of including 1 small image on each patterned paper panel, I used the branch across all 3 panels, and then centered the owl.

The branch and saying are both from The Landing Pad set and the owl is from the U R A Hoot set, both of which are from Cornish Heritage Farms.

I stamped the owl twice on brown Bazzill cardstock, and once on Georgia Pacific white cardstock. I colored the beak and toes with Copics on the white version and cut out the eyes with the beak, and also the toes. Then I cut out 1 full brown owl, and just the eyelids of the other brown owl. I did just a bit of shading on the full brown owl and then glued the eyelids onto the eyes. The full eyes and toes were then stuck on with foam dots.

Last notes: the branch was stamped on patterned paper, cut out, and popped up, and I did a bunch of zig zag stitching all around the PP pieces.

I really like how this card came out and may be using the sketch again in the future!

Other materials used: ink - Graphite Black Brilliance and Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate; patterned paper - Dream Street Papers LLC (Near & Dear line); all cardstock - Bazzill; ribbon - Stampin' Up!; brads - unknown.

7 comments:

  1. Such an adorable card!!! You did an awesome job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh i love it that owl is just so damn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! You are so incredibly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! The owl is adorable! Love the background papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely card, so cute with that owl.

    Joke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, what a truely cute owl - he's gorgeous. Love the layout of your card Maureen and the blues and browns look great together.
    hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!