Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!


Thanks for joining me for the first La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge! This week our theme was picked by our DT Coordinator, Jane, and it is Flower Power:

You must have at least one flower somewhere on the card. It can be Prima flowers (or similiar), pressed flowers, embossed flowers, stamped flowers, etc. The challenge is to use your flower(s) in a way where it stands out but the main focus should still be your stamped image.

To kick off our very first challenge, everyone that participates this week will be entered into a drawing for a FREE Window La-La stamp!

The design team will be selecting their top 3 favorites for each challenge. The Top 3 will get to put this adorable button on their blog:

Photobucket

And for this week, the one with the most votes from the team will get 25% off at the La-La Land Crafts online store!

You will find all the rules on how to participate on the La-La Land Crafts Blog.
~~~~~~~~~~

And now my card for this week's challenge:


I used Birthday Lala and some Heidi Grace papers. Lala was colored with Copics, cut out and mounted with foam tape. If you look at the original Birthday Lala image, you'll notice that I gave her a little haircut! I just felt like giving her short hair for this card! I also colored and cut out an extra present with hands attached and mounted that with foam tape over the main image. For some extra pizazz I put some Stickles on her hair pins and shoes (done with a needle to get into the really tiny areas) and also on the flower button.

You can see the coloring and dimension a little better here (you can also click the picture above to enlarge):


For the flowers, I used 2 sizes of Prima hydrangeas, and a rose from Paper Wishes. I put some Stardust glitter pen on the hydrangeas and moved it around with a water brush.

Don't forget to check out the fabulous creations of all my fellow DT members (links on the sidebar). I hope you'll join us this week and TFL!

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous Hair Cut!! She looks lovely like this, love the colours you've chosen and the buttons are a lovely touch. The flowers are really pretty too.

    Hugs

    Kimmi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh what a great idea with the hair - she looks so different! Can I come round for a trim?? lol. Love the soft colours you have used and the glitz as well - so very pretty
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. The soft colors are amazing on this card! The pink makes La-La's blue eyes SO pretty! Love your coloring, Maureen! Such a pretty flower too. xx jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Maureen doesn't she look so different with her hair cut great Idea hun, she looks like a new woman.:), Fabulous card Hunny.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card, Maureen! I love how you made Birthday Lala stands out! Great job!
    Have a wonderful day, Maureen!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute Maureen. I like the coloring of that sweet image & the dimensionals are a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet in pink!!! I wonder what pretty Lala has in her package? Great idea to pop that up for dimension. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable!! I love that image! And I really like how you popped the gift!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Momiji

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!