Thursday, August 20, 2009

Little House Treat Box

This week the Softpencil DT got to work with another cute set called the House Collection Set 2, which can be found in the Softpencil Etsy Shop. I wanted to do something really fun with the set so I came up with this special little treat box (all pictures can be clicked to enlarge):


I printed 2 of everything - house, tree, bunny and girl, and I also paper pieced the houses and tree tops. For the roofs, I punched 3/4" circles from patterned paper to go over the circular pattern of the images. I rounded each circle and popped them up with scrap cardstock for dimension.

Here's a straight-on shot of the front:


The back is exactly the same except the roof color is slightly different. You can see that I cut out the windows and glued plain cardstock behind them. I also used a 1/8" hole punch for the little pink flowers, and dotted each with a pink pen. Lastly, I sewed seed beeds over the little dots in the design for interest. The girl was colored with Copics, cut out and mounted with foam tape.

Here's what the sides look like:


Our Design Element this week was flowers, which was easy since there were flowers already in the design of the tree! I used a Fiskars hand punch for the little flowers and then sewed seed beads to the center of each flower and also over each dot in the design. The grass was cut from extra houses that I printed. The bunny was colored just a bit, cut out and popped up with little bits of cardstock.

I made up the box design based on the sizes of the house fronts and the trees. I hope you like it and TFL!

Don't forget to hop around to all the other DT members' blogs, including our fabulous Guest Designers (links on the sidebar) to see what everyone did with this great set!

14 comments:

  1. What a super cute box, too cute!!! So clever! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... great idea!! Lovely, lovely work!!

    Greetings,
    Saskia :)

    (there's some cute 'summer candy' at my blog...feel free to take part!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tooo cute!!! I had so many things I wanted to do with this set I couldn't decide what to do!! Great job, I love the colors and the coloring is great!! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so precious!! Love it. Great coloring of those cute images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with the stamps! It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maureen, this is so very AWESOME! Love the box. I like the paper pattern on the house too. Colors all go well together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic project! Love the colors. Have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww, this is adorable. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful box Maureen!!! I love houses and boxes so this combination is great for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super cute box! Love all the cute images. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! Love this house you made! It is sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I just love this idea, you have done such a great job. hugs Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable and such a great idea, and you've done a wonderful job putting everything together, love those beads!!
    Stephanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!