Thursday, October 29, 2015

Hello Friend

Hi all!  Today I have a card made for the Power Poppy Challenge – Bits and Pieces (use just part of an image).  Here’s what I came up with:

SunflowerPower3a

I used just a part of the Sunflower Power image, cropped in Photoshop Elements to make a clear card. I printed it out twice on watercolor paper and watercolored with Distress Inks.  Then I cut out the leaves and part of the flower with a combination of my ScanNCut2 and scissors.  I layered the pieces on top with foam tape.  I added glitter paste through the Falling Stars Stencil to the front of the clear card and adhered my pieces (image on the front and black mat on the back to hide the adhesive)  Finally I added a little tag with a sentiment from Mini Messages and just a bit of watercoloring.

Here’s what the inside looks like:

SunflowerPower3b

And here’s an angled shot so you can see the dimension:

SunflowerPower3c

This is also for Cute Card Thursday – Sparkles (the stars are glittered).  I hope you like it and TFL!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Maureen, this is gorgeous, and I just love how you've used this bitty piece of the digital image and made such a stunning card with it! I love the colors and your coloring (always love how you color - smiles!), and I especially love the added dimension...really makes it a "wow" card! Hugs! (P. S. So glad to see this card "spotlighted" in today's Power Poppy blog post!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Love the clear card and the pop of purple and all that dimension is just stunning!!! Gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!