Monday, August 4, 2008

Happiest Dragonfly

Today's card was created for the Anni-VERVE-sary Sketch #4. I copied the sketch exactly and had a lot of fun with it - Julee's sketches are always really cool and original!!

I used 2 different Verve sets - Thankful Blossoms and Wonderful Wishes Remixed. I've only got a few Verve sets so you'll be seeing me use the same images a lot during this challenge series. Hopefully I'll find some original ways to use the stamps, like today's dragonfly.

So my idea (hopefully I'm the first one to think of it!) was to make a dragonfly from the stem and leaves in the Blossoms set and I really like how it turned out!

You can see the dragonfly a little better in this close-up shot. I stamped the small and large leaves 2 times each onto the purple paper then cut them out. I stamped the dotted stem (only partially inked because it was too long for my dragonfly) on the green paper then glued the bitty rhinestones and leaves over it. Lastly, I applied some green stickles over the lines on the leaves for a little sparkle (you can see that way better if you click to enlarge).

I hope you like my idea and my card! Thanks for another great sketch Julee!

Other materials used: white cardstock - Georgia Pacific; patterned paper - Basic Grey (Lucky line); Graphite Black Brilliance ink; Nestabilities.

7 comments:

  1. OMG, stunning card!! I love the layout. It really emphasizes the main image. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!!! Love, love, love the dragonfly and the papers you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! how creative...love how the dragonfly turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! The colors are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO beautiful! I love the layout, colors, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Maureen and I love the dragonfly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!