Thursday, October 2, 2008

Christmas Angel Anya

When I saw the Little C's Weekly Challenge #11 sketch, I knew I wanted to play and use my Angel Anya from Pink Poison, but then I saw that the second part of the challenge was to create a Christmas/Winter card. Well, I could just use Christmas/Winter papers, but then I thought that wasn't good enough, so I created Christmas Angel Anya!

I wanted to use these little holly confetti leaves and itty bitty red rhinestones, but they wouldn't completely cover the bow in Anya's hair, so I cut a little piece of Eclipse Masking Tape and stuck it right to the rubber to omit the bow when I inked the image. Then I just peeled off the Eclipse bit and stamped.

I made her a Mrs. Clause kind of outfit, complete with flocked cuffs and trim on the bottom of the dress (the dress idea came from my hubby! Thanks Hon!!). I also put Stickles on her wings and popped them up for extra dimension. You can see all the detail in this close-up shot.

I kept the card pretty simple because I didn't want to take attention away from the adorable Anya! Hope you love her as much as I do!

Other materials used: patterned paper - Basic Grey (Figgy Pudding line), sentiment (Mixed Messages set) and Pure Poppy ink - Papertrey Ink; Copic markers; brad - Queen & Co.; flowers - Prima; white organdy ribbon - Pink Hedgehog Papercrafts; rhinestones - the Rhinestone Guy; eyelets and confetti unknown.

13 comments:

  1. This is just precious! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh its stunning, love holy huggs jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a precious sweet angel. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O,wow! The card is so beautiful! Anya is so precious! I love the flower in the corner also! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh she is adorable!! what a gorgeous xmas card you have made!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a fabulous job Maureen - a great card XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card and such an adorable image!! Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Cute!! I love all the glitz youv'e used here. Thanks for playing!

    Hugs,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. she is precious! love what you did with her wings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card! Great take on LCWC! Anya is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet image and a great card!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG she's soooo pretty!! I love it! Great job on the challenge. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!