Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Your Next Stamp Challenge #42

Your Next Stamp Challenge

Yay! I have another Your Next Stamp Challenge today! This time our hostess is Jenny and she wants us to "Pop It Up!" - use foam or pop dots to pop up your image. I do this with most of my creations so this was a great challenge for me! Here's what I came up with:

Chocoholic & Double Choco Cake 2a
I used FTL #139 and 2 sets: Chocoholic (strawberries) and Double Chocolate Cake (sentiment).

I paper pieced every part of the strawberries on patterned paper, and popped up some extra parts on the top strawberry for dimension. You can see that here:

Chocoholic & Double Choco Cake 2b
I also did some shading and highlighting with colored pencils/odorless mineral spirits. As a final touch, I brushed some clear dimensional adhesive over the chocolate to make it just a little shiny.

We hope you'll play along with us! One lucky participant will be drawn at random to win this adorable stamp Fetch:

You don't have to use YNS images on your card, but if you do you'll get a double entry in the draw!

Also, the challenge hostess will choose her favorite card, and that winner will get the YNS Challenge "Top Pick" blinkie to proudly display on their blog PLUS $5 in YNS Stamp Bucks! You must use a YNS image to be eligible to be chosen for Top Pick.

Full details can be found at the YNS Challenge Blog.

But wait - there's more! Since I forgot to post this card on Saturday, you get 2 for the price of 1 today! :)

This month, YNS is sponsoring the Sketch For You To Try!


Jen gave us this fun sketch:


And here's my take on it:

Chocoholic & Double Choco Cake
I used the same 2 sets as the card above and paper pieced most of the image as well (except the heart on top which was just cut from the patterned paper). I also popped up the whole cupcake on foam boosters, so it works for our current YNS challenge as well!

We hope you'll play along with us! TFL!

4 comments:

  1. Two sweet cards! love the popped up strawberries - Yum!! and then a cupcake! your cards are making me hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so hungry now Maureen if I could reach through my monitor I would literally grab those strawberries! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Maureen these are two fabulous cards what great images they both look so tasty and full of yumminess super work.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!