Friday, November 9, 2012

Happy Candy Cane Season!

Hi all! Sorry this is late!!  I have my Fun Friday project for you today!  This month our theme is Gifts and Giving.   Here’s a little envelope I designed to hold a gift card and little message to the recipient:

MerryMouseCandyCane1a

This is Merry Mouse Candy Cane – isn’t he just the cutest?!  The whole thing was colored with copics except for the bow which I paper pieced.

Here’s a shot of the back closure – none of the flaps are glued so the whole thing can open:

MerryMouseCandyCane1b

I designed the whole thing in Make-The-Cut – it even cuts the little circles with holes for the string closure.  I used some Trendy Twine to hold it together.  The envelope and circles are cut from 1 piece of double-sided 6x6 paper.  I even had some left over for the paper piecing on the front!

And here’s how it looks open:

MerryMouseCandyCane1c

You can write a little message in there and a gift card fits in perfectly!  I hope you like it!  And be sure to check out the YNS Blog for more Fun!  TFL!

P.S. This is also for Loves Rubber Stamps - Anything Goes.

6 comments:

  1. This is so super adorable, love it! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute! What an adorable project! Thank you so much for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute image and a clever idea xx thanks for sharing with us at Loves Rubberstamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! And that image is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!