Thursday, May 1, 2014

Smile

Hi all!  I have another Fun Friday challenge post for you.  It’s the start of a new challenge – yay!  Here are the inspiration pic and sketch:

May 2014 - photoMay 2014 Sketch

For today’s card, I went just with the inspiration pic.  I wanted to do a white and yellow flower with some turquoise/aqua and kraft (the colors I got from the pic).  Here’s what I came up with:

WhatNotSentimentsTwo3

I cut the outline die from Flower Fun Three twice out of white cardstock and colored the centers with yellow Copics.  I glued one right on top of the other and then foam mounted the whole thing on my base.  The sentiment is from Whatnot Sentiment Set Two and it was stamped in yellow on a double ended flag cut with the Fishtail/Banner Die Set.

I used sketch #64 from Papertake Weekly (it’s a sketchie free for all week) and this is also for Work It Wednesday – project with patterned paper on it. 

We hope you’ll play along with us!  All the details can be found on the YNS Challenge blog.  TFL!

2 comments:

  1. oooh what a gorgeous die!! and what a striking take on the challenge theme!! well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Maureen and great take on the sketch! Thanks for sharing on Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!