Sunday, February 22, 2015

Masking with the MISTI

Hi all!  I never used to like masking.  I never *did* masking, unless it was really simple, like leaves behind a flower.  But now that I have the MISTI, I’ve found that masking can actually be really easy and leads to a very satisfying project.  Like this:

CarnivalCupcakes2

What looks like a single stamp is actually made up using 4 stamps.  And it was really easy to do!  The hardest part is fussy cutting out the masks, and there are liquid masking fluids that you can use and not even have to cut masks, so it couldn’t be simpler!

I used the Carnival Cupcakes stamp set and the Carnival Toppers stamp set for the image, and the Starry Night set for the sentiment.  These are all from Mama Elephant.

I did all my masking and stamping on my MISTI with Memento ink.  Then I colored the image with Spectrum Noir pencils and put it back in my MISTI to overstamp with Versafine ink.  Finally I stamped the sentiment on the circle base using my MISTI and the hexagon template (you can see more about that HERE).

Here’s my video about how the MISTI makes masking easy:

And here’s THE LINK in case you can’t see the video above.

This is for the following challenges:

I hope you like this and TFL!

12 comments:

  1. adorable..thank you for sharing over at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant as always! I'm really enjoying your videos--thanks so much. Can't wait to try this technique. And your card is just so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another make it easy technique using the MISTI! Super video, easy directions - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Art shops have Friskit and liquid mask that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! I just got my MISTI this week! So excited to try this! :) Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful ... and thank you for sharing your mini tutorial ... Must give this a try! Thanks for sharing with us at The Little Red Wagon's Round and Round We Go challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card! Great tutorial too. Thanks for sharing it at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cutie! And now I totally need a MISTI...
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uh oh. All your misti videos are seriously enabling me, Maureen! Sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an absolutely sweet image and card! Love the bunny! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations for our Cute Critter Challenge! I invite you to come back tomorrow as we celebrate our 300th challenge! (Lots of super fun sponsors!)
    Hugs, Debbie
    DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's incredibly easy!! What a great video!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!