Wednesday, October 14, 2015

YNS New Release Blog Hop!

Oct2015-hopgraphic

Hi all and welcome to my stop on the October Your Next Stamp New Release Hop!  If you’ve been following the links, you should have arrived here from Kymona’s Blog.  However, if you’ve just happened upon my blog, you’ll want to go back to the beginning at Kendra’s Blog (links at bottom of post) because you won’t want to miss a bit of the eye candy!

I’m so excited about this release!  I didn’t design any of it, but I love it all anyway!  We’ve got new Waddles and Sprinkles sets and I adore those cute characters!  We’re also debuting a new character – Sandy the Squirrel!  Well, enough chatter, let’s get to my projects!

First up I have a clean & simple card using the new Sandy Squirrel– Autumn Greetings set:

SandyAutumnGreetings1

Every so often I talk about how these line drawings sets are still great even if you don’t love to color and here’s an example of that.  I used just the leaves from the set and did some really rough coloring with some fall-ish colored Copics.  Then I used the Stitching Holes Die Set above and below my stamped/colored area and stitched with some rustic twine.  I added the sentiment above and a few Give Thanks for Sparkle Gumdrops.

For my second card, I used a cutting file from Lori Whitlock called Tri-Fold Shadow Box Card Birthday:

SantasHelpers1b 

I altered it with Make The Cut and turned the balloon cut out panel solid so that I could cut a window out with the new Stitched Banner Die Set.  I stamped the image from Santa’s Helpers and colored with Copics, then cut out with the matching die.  Before adding the image with foam tape, I used a stencil and embossing paste to make some snow in the background.  I white embossed a sentiment from the same set and assembled the card, adding some patterned paper panels. 

The card also folds closed and I tied it shut with some twill tape:

SantasHelpers1a

It doesn’t fold flat for mailing, but soon I’ll be showing how to alter it even more so that it will fold flat!  Stay tuned!

As is always the case, there is a fabulous prize to be won – a $25 YNS Gift Certificate. A winner will be drawn at random from all the comments on all the blogs.

And of course we also have an awesome sale so you can get your shop on!

OctHopSale2015

Now you’re off to the YNS Blog, but don’t forget to leave me a comment before you go!  TFL and Happy Hopping!

 

 

36 comments:

  1. Oh my my! Love this adorable folded creation!!!! The designing and how cleverly you used the stitched banner die to create a beautiful scene, i just WONDER and love the stitching on the first one, your creations are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tri-fold card. That set is perfect to go inside, fun, fun, fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simplicity of the Autumn greetings card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the hand stitching on your card! It really adds to the fall / homespun feel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maureen, I love the folded card and the shaker. Also, the stitching is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tri-fold card. Wish I could get the hang of using the silhouette.
    The stitching on the first card is great. Another thing I've not tried - too chicken.
    thanks for sharing some wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your first card is so lovely
    and I love the folding card!
    Would love to see how to
    create it.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome projects!! Very creative! Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards, Maureen! Love the stitching on your first card with the new leaves stamps, and your tri-fold card is gorgeous! Fabulous job on them both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty creations! Your trifold card: absolutely stunning!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two neat cards!! Love the stitching detail on the first one and the design of the second one is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute and unique cards!! I love the stitching and that shadow bow is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! That white stitching is a cool touch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun. Love the stitched edges to your border. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome cards and adorable designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are both beautiful. Wonderful job on the stitching and I like the folded card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful cards! Love that cut file card! And the sweet stitching and coloring of the fall leaves is lovely! Such a fantastic release! And so much wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are fabulous projects! I love the twine that you've added to the fall card. Great touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What great cards. Love the leaf feature on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Eeee! Your second card is super! I love the shape and the image is perfect for it! Great first card also! Love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It would be wonderful to open the cut file card to find a cute surprise

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are awesome, I love the tri-fold card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely fall card and wonderful shadow box card.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super fun creations! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG I love that Christmas card!!! You are soooo creative!!! :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Both are super cute! And what a great fold on that second one. So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!