Tuesday, January 19, 2016

You're A Real Gem

Hi all! Today I have a card that uses powdered watercolors, specifically Brushos, but you can definitely use Color Bursts instead. I was playing one day when I came up with a result that looked kind of mottled and really cool so I kept playing until I figured out how to recreate it. Here's the card I made using the technique:


And here's a closer look at the effect:


I did a video so you could see how I did it:


And here's THE LINK to the video in case you can't see the video player above.

And here are some other results that I got:



The first shows the perfect effect with the water, but a little too much powder, making it very dark.  Still a nice effect though.  The second sample needed a little more water, especially on the left side.


On the first sample, I used a little too much water so it blended more than I liked, but it's still nice.  On the second sample, I dampened the watercolor paper first so that the powder would stick better, but it ended up blending way more than I wanted.  I wouldn't do this in the future.  The powder on dry paper definitely gives better mottled results.

This is also for the MFT Color Challenge.  I hope you like it and TFL!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!