And here's a closer look at the effect:
I did a video so you could see how I did it:
And here's THE LINK to the video in case you can't see the video player above.
And here are some other results that I got:
The first shows the perfect effect with the water, but a little too much powder, making it very dark. Still a nice effect though. The second sample needed a little more water, especially on the left side.
On the first sample, I used a little too much water so it blended more than I liked, but it's still nice. On the second sample, I dampened the watercolor paper first so that the powder would stick better, but it ended up blending way more than I wanted. I wouldn't do this in the future. The powder on dry paper definitely gives better mottled results.
This is also for the MFT Color Challenge. I hope you like it and TFL!