I got an idea in my head last weekend that I wanted to try using up a whole piece of patterned paper at one time, rather than only making 1 card with it and having a bunch of scraps left over. So I tried it out, and while I only started with a 6x6” sheet and my use of the pieces isn’t terribly creative, I’m happy that I actually did it! And instead of only having 1 card after a stamping session, I’ve got 3!
Artistabella is the last new Bella that I have from my first order (but I just placed another order yesterday so I’ll have plenty of new images to show off soon!) and I thought she went perfectly with this sheet of PP from Basic Grey’s Cupcake collection. To me this particular paper felt like the doodlings of an artist.
As per my usual, I paper pieced her apron and beret, and then colored the rest of her with Copics. For the palette, I used Spica glitter pens in colors that matched the PP. I used Amy Rysavy’s masking and oval stamping tutorial to ground her and as a last touch, I airbrushed a pale yellow around her for a bit a background. For the last card, I colored plain white ribbon with the same blue as her pants for the perfect match. Oh, and I did just a bit of sewing on 2 of the cards.
Other materials used: white cardstock from Georgia Pacific; black Brilliance ink from Tsukineko; Barely Banana ink from Stampin’ Up!; Nestabilities from Spellbinders.