Saturday, March 28, 2009

Do you smell carrots?

Small update - I got voted out of the MFT Idol contest, but I wanted to thank everyone for their votes!! I'm actually a little relieved - the stress of trying to compete with those talented ladies was really tough to deal with, so now I can relax and just play!

*****

For today's card, I decided to try this week's TCP Tuesday sketch challenge. I used an image from the Spring Fling set (isn't that carrot car too cute??) and a sentiment from Beans & Bunnies & Peeps, Oh My!. Although it didn't come out exactly how I wanted it, I still love it, especially the flower!


I hand stitched the white parts and machine stitched the zig zags (I just happened to have a spool of variegated thread that's yellow, orange and green!). I popped up the wheels and colored the image with Copics. For the flower, since I didn't have one big enough, I took 2 Prima hydrangeas, cut the petals apart, and glued them behind the circle. I love the look of it and will definitely be trying it again in the future. TFL!

Other materials used: green cardstock - Stampin' Up!; white cardstock - Georgia Pacific; patterned paper - K&Co. Berry Sweet pad.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! Great stitching & layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...Fabulous card, Maureen! I'm just getting back from a weekend away and checking the cards. So glad you've played along with us...super job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!