Monday, March 30, 2009

Here's to Good Friends

Even though I got voted out of MFT Idol, I decided to keep playing along and this weeks challenge is to use the upcoming set Girls Night Out that came in our Idol goodie bags. Since I'm just playing for fun, I didn't go all out, but I still came up with a card I love:


I was so relieved to go back to my norm of paper piecing and cutting things out that almost this entire card was pieced. The only part I colored was the champagne (more on that a little later). I used *7* different sheets from my new Porcelain paper pad from Basic Grey (LOVE this one - the soft colors and pretty patterns). After I laid out all the pieces, I thought the green pattern behind them made it look like they were sitting next to a window looking out at nature, so I added a piece of acetate behind them to look like a window (the effect is much better IRL).

And now for the champagne:


I colored the "liquid" in solid with a yellow Copic, then dotted it with the colorless blender to give it a sort of mottled look. Next, I dotted it with a clear Spica glitter pen to look like itty bitty bubbles, and lastly covered it with dimensional adhesive to look like glass. I really like the way it came out!

For the flower, I did the same thing as my last card - cut up 2 Prima hydrangeas and arranged the petals behind a punched circle. All the stitching was done by hand using 2 strands of embroidery floss (I'm totally addicted to hand sewing right now!). The sentiment is also from the set and was stamped with Papertrey's Dark Chocolate ink. TFL and I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!