Wednesday, December 23, 2009

La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge #18


Wednesday means it's time for another La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge! This week our challenge was set by Kim and is "Anything but a card." It's been a while since I made anything that wasn't a card so I really had to put my thinking cap on for this one! I finally came up with a picture frame magnet:

LalaAngel1
I stamped Angel Lala, colored her with Copics and paper pieced her dress. I spread Stardust glitter pen all over her halo and wings with a waterbrush, and then glued superfine glitter to just the edges of the halo and wings for a little extra sparkle. Lastly, I cut her out and mounted her foam boosters.

For the frame, I stuck some Basic Grey paper to self-adhesive magnet sheet and cut out the frame using an old Sizzix die. I tied a bit of ribbon around it, stuck a beaded pin in the knot, and added on Lala. I thought this would be the perfect way to stick pictures of your little angel on the fridge!

We hope you'll play along with us! All the details can be found on the La-La Land Crafts blog. TFL!

3 comments:

  1. I really like your idea with the frame, Maureen! Beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is soooo cute and a wonderful idea....have a fantastic New Year!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project Maureen!!! Love Lala's paper pieced dress!!! CUTE!!
    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!