Friday, September 23, 2011

Go Forth & Eat Cake!

Today I have a card made for TCP Tuesday - make a seam binding rose and put it on your project. Here's what I came up with:

ForgetAboutCake1
I used the adorable set Forget About the Cake and a sketch from Dutch Dare (turned from a square into a rectangle to fit my image).

I watercolored the image with my Tombows and hand dyed my own seam binding. After I made the rose, I stitched a pearl in the center to hopefully hold it together a little better!

This is also for The Pink Elephant and Cupcake Inspiration - both had inspiration pics with pink and green and the cuppy had roses on it too! I hope you like it and TFL!

Tombows used:
Plate and shadows: N95
Candle flames: 55
Candles and middle frosting layers: 158
Pink frosting and bunny nose: 703
Cake layers: 020

5 comments:

  1. I love that bunny, his ears are so dang cute and you gotta love that big ole cake.
    your rolled flowers look great.
    thanks for playing with us at CIC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh golly this is just fantastic! I love how sweet and simple it is...SO pretty! Just love it!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh just stunning ~ so beautifully made ~love it!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely creation, very cute image and nice design. Thanks for playing with us at The Pink Elephant. hugs, Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being TCP's weekly winner Maureen!! Cute card- your rose and the vine are sooooo pretty:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!