Monday, January 14, 2008

Playing with Amy's sketch

Today's card is based on Amy Rysavy's sketch and card design here: http://prairiepaperandink.typepad.com/amyr/2008/01/friday-sketch-2.html




As you can see, mine is a pretty close copy of her card in that I used the double-layered focal image with the ribbon going across the dividing line, and also the patterned paper bottom. But for my take on it, I used the little slot punch from Stampin' Up! to run the ribbon behind the ovals and tied in a knot on the side. I really like the simplicity and versatility of the sketch and know I will use it again in the future!

As with yesterday's ovals, I hand cut the stamped oval, but then used my Nestabilities for the scalloped oval.

Other materials: oval stamp from Sweet Love set - Papertrey Ink; sentiment stamp, cardstock, and organdy ribbon - Stampin' Up!; patterned paper - Imaginisce; spring pansy VersaMagic Ink - Tsukineko.

1 comment:

  1. I love the purple - great card! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!