Monday, January 21, 2008

The trend continues...

Yes, another Kitchen Sink Stamps card! This one used Beate Johns' Weekend Sketch #31 and the coolest cupcake stamp ever from the Happy Birthday Cupcake set.



As you can see, I paper pieced it again. The one used both sides of one sheet of KI Memories paper. I also used two different stamps from Papertrey Ink's Rectangle Borders and Corners set. I used the darker Purple Hydrangea VersaMagic ink from Tsukineko for the cupcake so it would show up against the patterned paper, but then the lighter Spring Pansy ink for the rectangles because it coordinated with the color of the paper better.

I will try to use some other stamps soon before you all think I'm secretly working for Kitchen Sink! I got a big shipment of Papertrey stamps this weekend and also have my gi-normous stockpile of Stampin' Up! stamps from when I was a demo. I'll also have a lot more ribbon projects as my May Arts order came today!

Other materials used: white cardstock and punch-Stampin' Up!; purple CS-Bazzill; Prima flowers; brads and ribbon from unknown sources. I also went over the top of the cupcake with my purple Spica glitter pen, but you can't see it in the picture. I'm trying to work on how to photograph stuff like that.

2 comments:

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!