For today’s post, I have another set of 3 cards that I made following this post by Cindy Lyles. I ended up using just a wee bit more than 2 6”x6” sheets of patterned paper because I did paper piecing for my focal image, but not much more. The truth is that I actually started with 2 12”x12” sheets of PP so I had a lot left over. BUT I’m planning on making a bunch more of these cards to use up the rest of the sheets.
Here are all 3 cards:
You can see that I put my cards together just a little differently than Cindy – I added the word window punch strips with my sentiment because it didn’t fit very well on the focal block, I changed the direction of the card with the PP strips, and I added stitching on all the cards. Yes, all the extra elements, including the paper piecing, do slow down the process (which was one of Cindy’s main points for this system), but I wasn’t as concerned with the time factor. For me, just getting more than 1 card done is a sitting is a major time saver, so Cindy’s mission was still accomplished!
Little details: I added some interest by coloring just a bit with my Copics – the leaves, stems, and centers of the flowers, and I popped up my flowers with foam tape for dimension.
Materials used: flower stamp from Printworks – Sweet Pea set; sentiment stamp from Hanna Stamps!; white cardstock from Georgia Pacific; purple cardstock from Bazzill; patterned paper from K&Company; black Brilliance ink from Tsukineko; mint ink and word window punch from Stampin’ Up!; markers from Copic; ribbon from May Arts; Nestabilities from Spellbinders; Dew Drops from the Robin’s Nest.