Wednesday, August 26, 2009

La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge #2


Yay! It's Wednesday so that means another La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge! This week Lisa chose our theme, which is stitching. It can be machine stitching, hand stitching or even faux stitching. I *love* stitching on my cards so this was a really great challenge for me!

Here's my card:


I used Sitting Lala (can't stop playing with the Lalas - LOVE them all!) and a sketch from Sketch Saturday:


I colored Lala with Copics, cut her out, and popped her up with foam tape. Here's a close shot of the adorable Miss Lala:


I did a bunch of straight and zig-zag stitching with some fun variegated pink thread that I had in my thread box. If you enlarge the first picture, you can see that I embossed the light yellow panel with the Flowers Impressabilities from Spellbinders. I also used some silk flowers I've had in my stash forever and a hanging charm (because I'm obsessed with charms right now!).

We'd love to have you play along with us! You will find all the details on how to participate on the La-La Land Crafts Blog. I hope you like my card and TFL!

Other materials used: patterned paper - Basic Grey (Lemonade paper pad); Around and About Sentiments set, Scarlet Jewel cardstock and ink - Papertrey Ink; border punch - Martha Stewart; white brads (that I colored pink with Copics) - Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts; bead caps and chain - Firemountain Gems; charm - eBay.

8 comments:

  1. Hiya Maureen.
    Gorgeous Lala hun, fab stitching and beautiful colour combo.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Maureen!! I love the colors/papers that you have used ~ so pretty!! Also your stitching is just fabulous!! I wish I could do that!! haha
    Have a great day :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Maureen! Your card is just too darn cute! Your coloring is fabulous...especially her face!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maureen, I just LOVE Lala in these colors!! So pretty!!! And all the details that you added, just perfect!!
    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty card. Love how you have colored La-La. The flowers are so beautiful on this card! Fabulous job on the stitching too! xx Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card! The colors are fab, and her blue eyes are striking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Maureen and your colouring is amazing.
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!