And here's my card:
I've wanted to use this piece of swirly chipboard for a while, but couldn't fit it on a card until I saw the Loving Birds image - I saw the swirly branch they were sitting on and immediately thought of this chipboard! I paper pieced both birds and sat them on the chipboard branch with foam tape. To mimic the image, I punched little flowers and added tiny half pearls to the centers.
To meet the Design Element "shining, glittering, shimmering," I applied Stickles to all the dots on the chipboard, used Stardust glitter pen on the bird outlines, wings, little flowers and the sentiment. I also stitched around the circle with a combination of white thread and iridescent tinsel that I bought for Christmas ages ago. You can't see it in the picture, but in real life it definitely shines, glitters and shimmers (please take my word for it)!
- Getting Creative with Ann - Bring on the Glitz
- Cupcake Craft Challenges - Shaped Card
- Double Dutch - Back in Time (pick your favorite of the previous challenges). I picked #9 - make a circle card
- Digital Tuesday Challenge - Hop To It! (creation using something that hops). I know people wouldn't normally think of birds right off the bat, but they definitely do hop!
- ABC Challenge - C is for Circles
Other materials used: patterned paper and chipboard - Fancy Pants; sentiment - The Greeting Farm; circle and scalloped circle Nestabilties; Copic markers (used to shade the sentiment banner); ribbon - May Arts; flower punch - Fiskars; micro half pearls - eBay.