Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Spring Chickie!

It's not Wednesday, but I do have a Your Next Stamp card for you today! The reason is because YNS is sponsoring the Embellish Magazine challenge! The theme is to use the colors light aqua, kraft and light pink, and also to include stitching. I had fun with this challenge and here's what I came up with:

FhionasLittleEasterBuddy1
(I hope it's ok that I added just a touch of orange for the beak and feet!)

I used the adorable Fhiona's Little Easter Buddy set, which includes the Happy Spring sentiment. I stamped the chick right on the pink cardstock, then colored the beak and feet orange, then went over all the feather lines with a pink Copic. I also did some shading on the chick with a really light pink, but it's not showing up in the picture.

This card was also done for the following challenges: We hope you'll play along with the Embellish Magazine challenge - you can win some great YNS stamps!! You have until April 8 to enter. TFL!

15 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!! This has to be the most adorable card ever!!!! That little chick is sooooooo cute!!! The card is simply amazing!! The colors are perfect!!! What a wonderful job you did!!!!!

    ~Lindsay~

    ReplyDelete
  2. how adorable for sure! this card is for all those challenges!? WOW!!! That is awesome! way to go! -Anthonette

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has to be THE cutest little chick image I've seen. Love what you did with this weeks sketch. Thanks for joining us!!

    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie - love it.
    Ann xxx
    The Pink Elephant DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everyone else, that chick is just adorable. Love the soft colours. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that your made the adorable little chickie pink!!! Fab card!
    Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just adorable! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so pretty, I'm glad I stopped by and will be back again! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow Maureen this is so sweet and pretty, I love that simple but stunning layout too...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Arrh this is so sweet i love your colour pastel choice and the embossing and stitching is really fab!
    Thanks for joining Colour Create

    Hugs Di xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute! Love that chickie and thanks for joining in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Maureen!
    Thank you for coming over to Play at Colour Create this week!
    Hugs,
    Eiglas (GDT)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!