Tuesday, March 16, 2010

La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge #30

If you're looking for the Your Next Stamp Challenge #12, it's the post directly below this one. Thanks!

* * * * * * * * * *


Wednesday means it's time for another La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge! This week our theme was set by the sweet and ultra talented Elena and is "Go Green." But before you rush off to make your project, let me tell you that this is NOT a color challenge! Elena wants us to recycle! She has a bunch of great ideas on recycling things for cardmaking on the blog, so if you get stumped you can get some inspiration there!

Here's what I came up with:

MayaEaster1
I used Easter Maya and a sketch from Friday Sketchers, who is sponsored this week by La-La Land Crafts!! You still have a little time to enter and you could win 3 digi images of your choice so hurry and check it out!

Maya was printed on my laser printer and colored with Copics. I cut her out with Nestabilities and hand cut the mat using the die as a template. For the recycling challenge, I die cut some flowers out of an old horoscope book using the Nesties Blossom Two dies. I like the original shape of the dies, but wanted them to look a little more flower-y, so I trimmed them up a bit. Here's how I did it in case you're interested (you can click to enlarge):

BlossomTwoTutorial
The first diecut is the original shape. Next I turn it over and use a ruler and pencil to draw cutting guidelines. The third sample has red lines drawn showing roughly how I cut the slivers out and the fourth sample is the finished flower with a little shaping and a button center.

This card is also for the following challenges: Before I go, I want to let you know that whatever image the hostess uses on her project is 20% off for the week of the challenge, and this week it's Pirate Lala! And since we have a new requirement that you must use a La-La Land Crafts image on your projects, don't forget that we have all these fabulous new digi images available now!

We'd love to have you play along with us! All the details can be found on the La-La Land Crafts blog. TFL!

9 comments:

  1. Oh Maureen!

    This is great! Luv flower and thanks for the tutorial! Gotta try my hand at making this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a CUTE CUTE card Maureen and I just love those flowers! Thank you for sharing how you made them--it really helps to have a visual *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Maureen! I love the flowers you created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Maureen - Love how you did your flowers, and Maya looks adorable in her little Easter bonnet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! Thanks for playing with the Stampin B's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet!! I love how you made your flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet card, Maureen! Great idea with flower! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic flowers and stunning make too, i love the image, so funny

    hope you are having a good weekend

    sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, gorgeous colours and papers. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!