Yay! I have another Your Next Stamp Challenge today! Our hostess is Angela and she has picked the theme "Flower Power" - use any flowers of your choice: papers, embossing, punches, etc.
Here's my card:
I used Fairy Fhiona, a sentiment from Mini Greetings, and some really old papers from Memory Box.
I made a couple different flowers for this card. The flowers in Fhiona's hair were each made from 2 tiny Prima flowers and a small half pearl. I just glued the pearl in the center of one flower, scrunched the petals up around the pearl, then glued the whole thing onto the other flower. The other flowers were made from hand-dyed and scrunched seam binding. I did a loose running stitch on one end of the binding, gathered and arranged the pleats until I liked the look of it and took a few stitches in the center to hold its shape. Finally I stitched the bead cap on just to make sure it was secure and glued a half pearl onto the cap.
Another bit of embellishing are the dangles on the bottom:
I used a single strand of embroidery thread to attach the sentiment tag to the ribbon, then threaded seed beads and little pearls on the ends of the thread.
- Just Us Girls - sketch
- Crazy 4 Challenges - use two or more ribbons
- Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Nice and Girly
- One Stop Craft Challenge - Distressing (I ran my scissors over all the edges of the layers)
- Pile It On - My Favorite Things (seam binding is my new fave!)
- Splitcoast Try a New Technique - anything OTHER THAN a pre-made flower, stamps or flower punch to create a flower for your card (my seam binding flowers)
Also, the challenge hostess will choose her favorite card, and that winner will get the YNS Challenge "Top Pick" blinkie to proudly display on their blog PLUS $5 in YNS Stamp Bucks! You must use a YNS image to be eligible to be chosen for Top Pick.
Full details can be found at the YNS Challenge Blog. TFL!