Friday, February 27, 2009

Dazzles Stitched Stickers

A stamping friend sent me some Hot Off The Press "Dazzles" "Stitched Stickers" and they looked really cool so I had to play with them right away!

Basically they are gold outline stickers on a clear background. You stick them on whatever paper you choose, then poke holes where indicated and stitch with gold thread to make a design. I got some party stickers and was thrilled to see a cupcake in there:


I thought about sticking the cupcake on a colored cardstock, but then decided to go with white - I think the gold on white is really elegant! You can see the stitching on the candle bottom and flame. There were supposed to be french knots inside of each of those little swirls, but I went with bitty pink rhinestones instead.

Here's a close-up of the sticker:


I'm so glad I got to try these - they are pretty neat and fun to play with! I have another one all stitched up that I need to put on a card. I'll post it soon. If you're interested, you can order these from Paper Wishes.

The sentiment is from Cornish Heritage Farms - the Tag! You're It! set from the Kim Hughes Collection. TFL!

2 comments:

  1. This turned out really cute Maureen! I'm glad to see how the stickers look and work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!